Monday, April 2, 2012

Cooking on a Cold Day

The weather's been weird. Warm enough to make the peaches think it's time to bloom.


But then it turns cold.


Brrrrr!

I've been hunkered down in the kitchen with the wood stove to keep warm (it's really doing a great job this winter, too). Between working on a new "project," which I'll show ya all in a few days, I was thinking about dinner.

Ground turkey was on the menu for today, but how should I use it? Chili... burgers... meatloaf! That's it!

My favorite recipe for turnkey meatloaf is from Ina Garten. She's the Barefoot Contessa and one of my favorite Food Network chefs. My hubby isn't a big meatloaf fan (thanks to his mother and her crunchy onions in ground beef recipe). This is the first of my many attempts at making meatloaf that he really loves. The boys love it, too.



It's a simple recipe and I've added my own touches to it. I've already put that info, plus a lot more about Ina, up on Squidoo, so rather than repeat myself, I'll just give you this link.


Yummy!

Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

  1. I love Ina Garten. Hers is the one show where I could eat every single thing she makes.

    ReplyDelete