|Thanks Aaron Beall @ sxc.hu|
Ugg... not a way to live.
All the time I was working, I knew someday I would be able to come back home again and resume my writing life.
So I plotted... planned... and created a gazillion "To Do" lists. There were just so many wonderful projects I was going to get done... finally!
- Paint the the kitchen, including the cabinets
- Add crown molding and new hardware to the cabinets
- Rehab the old 50s stove and hook it up
- Switch the panty refrigerator with the kitchen one
- Replace the floor with black & white vinyl tiles
- Paint the kitchen chairs turquoise... or or maybe ivory
- Finally lay the living room floor
- Paint the fireplace screen black
- Find a new cabinet for the laundry/sewing room
- Finish the molding around the doors
- Paint the the laundry room door to the outside... red on the inside, green on the out
- Get a magnetic curtain rod and make curtain for said door
- Make a skirt for the folding table (that has to serve as my sewing table/laundry counter)
- Secure bookcase to the wall (and maybe paint) before it falls on table
- Add door to furnace niche
- Finish molding on in downstairs bathroom
- Paint dresser in bathroom... definitely red
- Thinking a new curtains for the window and shower
- Paint the mirror frame (or maybe find a new one... yeah)
- Repaint the room... change it to blue with puffy white clouds
- Reorganize hubby's office/guest room/exercise room/kids playroom
- Sew up the new window valances
- Cover the desk top with the nifty blue leather-looking fabric I found... last year!
- Son's room.... don't even think of it
- Install new carpeting in the master bedroom/my office
- Sew the new valances for the windows (all eight of them) with the beautiful age ivory, green and red fabric I found... yeah, last year.
- Install the corner shelves I got a the Goodwill store
- Organize my files & bookcase
- Find more storage for books and magazines
- Reorganized/declutter bedroom closets!
So, what have I gotten done on my To Do list so far?
Nada! Zilch!! Nothing!!!
But I have hope (I just hope it doesn't take eight years!)
How about you? What's on your To Do list? And are you getting it done?